Berkshire has a great selection of excellent chalk stream fishing, most notably on the Rivers Kennet and Lambourn. With beautiful beats on both rivers, we have a variety of fishing in the gin-clear waters from mid April to the early October.
Booking the fishing is straightforward; the beats are available by the day for single Rods, pairs or small groups. For anglers who like to fish with a Guide or require some instruction we have a team of qualified Fishing Guides who may be hired by the day. The Guide package includes tackle, flies and local transportation as required.
Ten miles away our instructor offers tuition on private trout lakes at Lockinge on the edge of the Lambourn Downs, which are perfect if you wish to learn how to fly fish. Private instruction is available by the half or full day, for individuals or small parties. All the tackle provided.
As a hotel that prides itself in looking after the needs of those who like to fish and shoot we are able to provide early breakfasts, late suppers, packed lunches, bank side picnics as well as cooking the catch!
Chalk stream fly fishing
- River Kennet Kintbury (6 miles) May 1 – September 30 from £98/person/day
- River Lambourn Newbury (8 miles) April 16 – October 13 from £80/person/day
- River Test Whitchurch (24 miles) April 3 – September 30 from £196/person/day
- Guests to supply their own tackle. Maps and instructions provided. Fishing Guides available by the day (£285) who will provide tackle and transportation.
- Private fly fishing tuition on trout lakes Lockinge Lakes (10 miles)
- Full day £295/one £375/two
- Half day £195/one £245/two
- Price includes instructor, tackle, licence and fishing fee at Lockinge Lakes. Open all year.
For more details, availability and other options visit www.fishingbreaks.co.uk/berkshire or contact our fishing agent, Simon Cooper at Fishing Breaks firstname.lastname@example.org 01264 781988.